A small business owner should not fear the online marketing world, but rather harness its power and embrace it to bring a substantial return on investment.
Of course, it’s true that the online marketing world can appear daunting at first glance, but take a closer look and you will find opportunities abounding to bring business to you.
Here are some statistics that may help convince you (taken from HubSpot):
- 72% of consumers who did a local search visited a store within five miles. (WordStream, 2016)
- 30% of mobile searches are related to a location. (Google, 2016)
- 28% of searches for something nearby result in a purchase. (Google, 2016)
- Local searches lead 50% of mobile visitors to visit stores within one day. (Google, 2014)
- 78% of local-mobile searches result in offline purchases. (Search Engine Land, 2014)
Make sure your business is in the online mix
You just need to make sure your business is in the online mix and nurture its online presence, to win some of the above custom.
Once upon a time (and yes those days have now become fairy-tale land) consumers were led by adverts in local newspapers and magazines to determine their local buying decisions. This is no longer the case. They go to their handheld devices and PCs to research items and then will eventually make a purchase. Their decisions can be determined by company websites, recommendations from friends on social media, review sites and more.
The good news for any small business is that you can get your business involved in the decision process, by using social media, your website and such tools as Pay Per Click advertising, Facebook Ads and local directory listings. Whereas newspaper adverts are relatively expensive, you can run a successful online campaign at a fraction of the cost and in a targeted, transparent way.
When consumers make purchase decisions, they will follow certain steps. They will have a need for a new item, they will then research the item and they will then decide to buy and where. You can get involved in all these stages, by posting useful information online and assisting a consumer with knowledge – perhaps through a blog or useful tips posted regularly on social media. In fact, you could already be in their minds when their need for a certain item arises. If not, your business could be running a campaign for certain items through Facebook Ads or Google AdWords. You could also have asked previous customers to post reviews and the consumer needing a particular item may read these and come to you. It’s a case of pulling people in through various online avenues.
Of course, building a strong online presence takes time. Websites need to be nurtured and kept up-to-date, and we recognise that as a small business you may not have the time or resource to do everything. This is when you could consider getting expert help. Here at Infoserve we help many small business owners throughout the UK take advantage of the online marketplace. Here are just some of the areas we can help you with:
- Pay Per Click marketing – Our PPC marketing gets you found on the most popular search engines with a low-risk investment —your budget is only used when someone who’s interested in your business clicks on your advert. Infoserve is the UK’s only Google Premier Partner and Bing Ads Elite Partner. This expertise enables us to successfully drive more visitors to your website and give you amazing campaign reporting to show you how many visitors and phone calls you’ve had.
- Social Media and Facebook Ads – Infoserve can help you engage with new and existing customers through Social Media. We’ll create engaging Facebook and Twitter business pages for you, and we create targeted adverts using Facebook Ads to reach different audiences and meet your business goals. More than 1.4 billion people use Facebook to connect with what matters to them, and more than 900 million visit every day.
- Local Listings – Get listed in all the right places with Infoserve. Only Infoserve can get your business found in the local results on Yahoo Local, Google and Bing. We are the exclusive advertising partner for Yahoo Local in the UK. With Listing Manager you can control your business and respond to online reviews from nearly 40 publishers, all in one easy-to-use dashboard.
Don’t miss out on all that the online world has to offer your business.
Just because it may appear a little baffling at first, it really has lots to give. If you would like a little help fathoming out how it can all work for your business, please get in touch with us here at Infoserve. We would be happy to help and advise you. Give us a call now on 0800 089 0879, or go to the Infoserve website for further information.