6 tips for the perfect landing page
- Benefits: Most visitors, especially local visitors, head to a website just to find a business telephone number. Putting a phone number on the landing page gives visitors the confidence that they are doing business with real people; this is why an an easy-to-find phone number can boost conversions.
- How to: Phone numbers should be clearly visible near or on the top of the landing page.
Unique Selling Points (USP’s)
- Benefits: USP’s tell the user which ones are the differentiating benefits of the product or service on offer.
- How to: USPs can be added to the Landing Page Headline, as supportive headlines, or as bullet point lists summarizing the benefits of their offering (e.g. free delivery, same day shipping, no call out charge, a year warranty, etc.)
- Benefits: CTA’s get visitors to complete forms, make a phone call, sign up for a newsletter, or making an online purchase, guiding visitors through the buying journey
- How to: CTA’s can be added as buttons, headlines, graphics, or text on the landing page
- Benefits: forms offer yet another way of getting users to interact with a business, giving visitors the possibility of getting in a few clicks what they are looking for (e.g. a price, further information, some vouchers…). For businesses web forms are a direct way of generating sales leads.
- How to: Forms must be kept simple, and only ask for information that is actually needed to complete a user’s request (i.e. if the user’s postcode is not needed to provide her with a quote, a postcode field shouldn’t be present in the form). It is also recommended to use radio buttons to minimize typing as well as pre-populated fields. Forms should also incorporate a clear call-to-action on the send button (e.g. ‘Get a Quote’; ‘Book Now’, etc.).
- Benefits: Accreditations help align businesses with trusted brands, make them stand out from the competition, increase online visibility, and provide them with a competitive edge in the market place.
- How To: Landing pages can show accreditations by adding badges from:
- Professional Bodies.
- Trade Associations.
- Membership Associations.
- Certification and Accreditation Issuers.
Testimonials / Reviews / Ratings
- Benefits: Adding Testimonials to the landing page is a powerful way of establishing trust and encouraging visitors to buy, sign up, fill out a form, and take further actions after clicking on an ad.
- How To: Testimonials, reviews and ratings can be added directly to the page or by installing free widgets from websites like Which?/Tripadvisor/Google+/Facebook, etc.