The social calendar usually gets busy around Christmas and if you are in business then getting social should start long before the first festive party.
As the Christmas season, and with it the shopping frenzy, begins, is your business ready to take advantage of all those micro-moments as people browse and buy gifts and items online?
Get into the Christmas spirit and use your social media to engage with people. Make the most of the reach of Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, Google+, Pinterest, YouTube and other social media platforms to get your festive offers and messages out there. You will do this by drawing people in with offers, fun snippets, news, views and videos.
Years ago many people would take days, if not weeks, to do their Christmas shopping. Now, however, it can all be done in moments, and this is where a Christmas social media strategy can reap strong reward.
Rather than traipsing round the shops and looking for gifts, shoppers are on their phones and mobile devices, searching for present ideas and buying, often in an instant.
Predictions for UK Black Friday spending, for instance, show UK consumers should spend £4.75 billion, with £2.23 billion (47% of the total spend) to be spent online. These figures are based on a survey of 2,000 consumers, with average spend of those preparing to buy at £90.
Social media is a great way to reach people, influence, drive discovery and ultimately improve sales.
If you haven’t already prepared your social media to attract the attention of potential customers and trigger Christmas purchases, it’s time to start making your social media festive and jolly for the holidays.
Christmas is one of the biggest buying seasons of the year during which most retailers earn as much as 20% of their annual revenue, so it’s worth putting effort into attracting buyers to you, your products and services.
Here are a few ideas for you:
- Decorate your social media covers and profile photos for the holiday season – get into the festive spirit and share it.
- Create a few festive offers in the run-up to Christmas and promote them across your social media – everyone likes a good offer, especially around Christmas.
- Make your posts festive – feature memorable Christmas moments, festive recipes, include a Christmas quiz, get your staff dressed up, share pictures of the snow.
- Run a Christmas prize game or competition – perhaps give out prizes for every day of December. This can be interactive, in that you can ask people to perhaps share pictures of their favourite or worst Christmas jumper, or run a quiz, or an advent calendar-themed competition or offer.
- Organise a festive event and publicise it through social media, during the build-up and for pictures of the event.
- Give to charity or support a local cause – you can collect presents for a local hospice, give a donation to charity for the sale of a certain product or for social media shares.
- Focus efforts on what people will be looking for over the Christmas period; outfits for Christmas parties, food for festive meals, Christmas trees, gifts for members of the family.
- Keep it going over Christmas – social media use is rife over the festive period so keep that social chat going. Wish people happy Christmas and send out offers or perhaps New Year promotions.
Perhaps you have some tips of your own; please share.
If you want some help with your social media then Infoserve offers expert social media management. Contact us now on 0800 089 0879 for more information.
Here’s to a happy Christmas for everyone!